Ever wondered what gear wedding photographers carry in their bag and how they use it throughout their days?! Take a peak at what’s in mine!
1. Canon 5D Mark IV – I have two, one serves as my primary and the other is my backup.
2. Canon 35LII – my FAVORITE lens! I use this mainly for getting ready shots, portraits, family/wedding party, ceremony, and full room shots!
3. Canon 50L – another favorite lens! I use this one mainly for portraits, speeches, + details.
4. Canon 85L II – this lens is also a must-have! It’s absolutely perfect for those little detail shots.
5. Canon Batteries (2) – you can never have too many charged batteries on a wedding day, am I right?
6. Canon Battery Chargers – for charging those bad boys! I always am charging batteries when I have an outlet, just to be safe!
7. Yonguno 586XII Flash – I love using natural light for as long as I possibly can, but typically during the reception I whip this thing out + get those clear, crisp dancing shots! Also, I love creating fun slow shutter dancing photos with this trusty friend.
To try slow shutter dancing photos:
8. Neewer Video Light – I LOVE this constant light for sparkler exits, it’s also great to have for a backup flash option!
9. Rose Anvil Harness – I use this with both cameras throughout the wedding day! Pro tip: make sure your times are synchronized on both cameras so exporting is a BREEZE!
10. SD + CF cards – every wedding and session gets their own SD + CF cards! I don’t format and use them again until they’re culled, backed up, exported, and delivered safely.
11. SD card and battery holder – this holds my formatted cards for the day/shoot + extra batteries!
12. Back up SD card holder – as you can tell, I loooove having back ups of everything! I always have this thing full of extra cards just in case!
13. Lacie External Hard Drive – this is the external hard drive that I use + looove! I typically purchase the 4 TB and it lasts me about 6 months!!
14. Rechargeable AA batteries – I have loved having rechargeable batteries for my flashes, and would definitely recommend it!
15. Kamrette Bag – Lyra – this bag is the perfect size for all my gear, and it’s SO easy to carry around on long wedding days and during sessions.